Wednesday, 30 November 2016

In loving memory of Joe Dever

I have just been informed that my friend and respected author of the Lone Wolf gamebooks, Joe Dever, has passed away. 



This is a deeply sad moment. I have enjoyed his work since childhood and I have been deeply honoured that my work in my adult life brought such a talented individual into my circle. 



You meant a lot to me, and your enthusiasm and imagination will be deeply missed.


I have had the honour to cover much of Joe Dever's work on my gamebook blog, and I'd like to include several of those linked here in memory.







3 comments:

  1. What awful news. :(

    Thank you for sharing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that, thanks for sharing such sad news, one of the true game book giants.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I somehow went this long without knowing about his death. I'd actually looked up The Storms of Chai to see if it'd finally been released, but still managed to miss any news of Joe's death.

    Even though I have no plans to buy The Storms of Chai now, at one time I was a pretty dedicated follower of Lone Wolf and I was very disappointed when the series ended with book 28 in 1998. I gradually moved on from Lone Wolf, but I wonder how Joe envisaged the continuation of the story?

    ReplyDelete